10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Home's Curb Appeal
Whether you're getting ready to put your home on the market or have just moved in to your dream home, we have compiled list of ten quick and easy ways to add instant curb appeal to your home.
1. Paint the front door One of the easiest ways to transform your home's exterior is to paint the front door. Whether you choose to paint it the same color it is now or choose a new one, this budget-friendly project can be done in just a couple of hours and adds an instant boost to the look of your home. 2. Hang a Wreath
Whether placed on your front door or beside it, a wreath is a simple and welcoming way to personalize your entry.
3. Get a (New) Doormat Doormats aren't just something to get debris off of shoes before entering your home, they can also be nice-looking.
4. Play Up Your Porch If you're lucky enough to have a spacious porch, use furniture, outdoor rugs, and accessories to create a welcoming outdoor space. Place a bench or chair to add instant charm. Facebook Marketplace and any home improvement store have affordable options.
5. Update (or Add) House Numbers Don't start off on the wrong foot with a potential buyer because they can't see your house number. Make sure your house number is clean and easy to see.
6. Pressure Wash Exterior Surfaces
Aluminum, wood, and vinyl siding are all safe surfaces to pressure wash as well as are wood decks and concrete porches, stairs, and sidewalks. If you don't own a pressure washer, you can rent one from any home improvement store or you can hire a professional who will do it for you. 7. Work in the Yard Regularly cutting the grass makes your home look cared-for. Trim back your overgrown bushes and trees. Add pine straw or mulch to flower beds for a finished look. 8. Paint the Garage Door
A nice-looking garage door is an essential to your curb appeal. Make sure it's in good working order and add a fresh coat of paint if it needs it. 9. Update and Add Outdoor Lighting Make sure all exterior lights have working, bright light bulbs. Highlight pathways and trees with landscape lighting. Solar light stakes are inexpensive and can be found at any home improvement store. In addition, many house-hunters drive past homes in the evening after work and will call to schedule a showing if they like what they see!
10. Clean or Get a New Mailbox
Grab your favorite household cleaner and a rag to make sure your mailbox is clean. If yours is beyond a simple cleaning, new mailboxes can be purchased for less than $40 at any home improvement store. Take a look at your mailbox post and make sure it's not wobbly or rotten. A coat of paint can do wonders to make your mailbox area look fresh and tidy. If you aren't the DIY type, ask your realtor to recommend professionals who can do the work for you.